Friday, September 5, 2008

Weekt #2 and Flickr URL:

Muddiest Point:


I really don't have one... I think I'm finally on the right track and have no questions or concerns at this time. I was confused while looking at the Flickr assignment on the syllabus because I didn't know what a "mater copy" of an image was. But once I watched the lecture again I saw that it's supposed to be "master copy." Woops...


Computer Hardware:
Very informative! It's nice to put names to the things that used to constantly go wrong with my old Sony PC. Thank god I own a Mac now. This site also gave me a flash back to an old computer class I had in high school. To think, I was actually tested on all these terms!


Moore's Law:
Not exactly my cup of tea as far as readings go, but still very informative as well. The formulations and similar laws section was my favorite... It was interesting to see the rates in which digital technology increases along with what the future predictions are as far as digital technology trends.


Computer History Museum:
I guess they really do have a museum for everything. The website is very nice and easily navigable. It really makes me want to go there. The pictures (especially the older ones and exhibit ones) makes the museum appear more like an installation art gallery than a museum. I'm an art guy so I think my favorite section of the site was the "selling the computer" section. I enjoyed looking at the older brochures.



FLICKR ASSIGNMENT
URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30178954@N02/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice collection of photos! Did you take all of these?